Monday, June 20, 2011

Wasn't expecting that

Last week Richard and I announced to our friends and family that I was 12 weeks pregnant. I went to Perth on the Wednesday and then to my scan on Thursday. I had only Noah with me as I told Richard I didn't mind going on my own. You can probably imagine the shock and total devastation I felt when I was told that I had in fact miss-miscarried at 8 weeks. I felt so pregnant. I was still vomiting, had a bump, bad skin and full bladder which just sucked. The most awful thing is knowing I will have to start all over again and having Noah in the ultrasound room was pretty rough too. But................
I do know that these things probably happen for a reason. So for now I am happy with my little family of three. Noah now seems even more precious to us (if that is possible). He was and continues to be a total blessing.

Now for some funny bits......

After the sonographer delivered the terrible news to me Noah asked me "Is that lady just a bit stupid?" I am not sure if he called her stupid because she made me cry or because he thought she was silly for saying the baby was gone.

Noah asked me a few nights later (while I was crying) "What's wrong Mum?". I said that I was feeling a bit sad. Noah said "Oh well, you'll just have to get another baby in there and then you won't be sad anymore." He couldn't be more right!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. sorry to hear the sad news... watta lil cutie noah is trying to cheer u up!

    ReplyDelete